Clean air quality is key to keeping your family safe. A lot of people might say they do not care if their crawlspace or basement is wet because its not their main living space. But if your furnace is located in these areas you are breathing in the air that is stagnant form these areas. Having these areas free from moisture causing mold are very important for clean air quality in your home. Keep your family safe and breathing healthier.
To prevent these spaces from growing harmful mold. These areas need to be dried and water free. To prevent introducing toxic allergies to you or your family members these areas must first be dry.
As soon as you notice moisture and water in your basement or crawlspace its extremely important to have these areas waterproofed. This can also cause high humidity levels as well, turning the stagnant water into humidity. If water issues are not exterminated as soon as noticed you could have or may already have mold. Mold is extremely harmful and can make anyone occupying the home very sick. The most common types of mold include aspergillus, cladosporium, stachybotrys atra (also known as black mold). Usually the most common is the white fuzzy mold on soil and green mold on wood floor joists. Mold related symptoms can include sneezing, itchiness, skin irritation, watery or itchy eyes and headaches. The most common black mold symptoms and health effects are associated with a respiratory infection, coughing, sneezing, eye irritation, nose and through congestion, rashes, difficulty breathing, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches. These can all me symptoms of black mold exposure or poisoning.
In more severe cases if left untreated can experience nausea, vomiting and bleeding in the lungs and nose. In lesser cases some may not even know they have exposure. You could feel tired and drowsy feeling sluggish and low energy. This is why it is very important to get water out of your home as soon as noticed. Procrastinating on these issues are very dangerous to you and your health. That is why we offer a bio fog mold treatment along with any waterproofing install. Because where there is standing water, there is mold. It is not only important to your health but to the installers as well. Treatments are usually given twice. Once before the water extraction begins and another once the install is complete. This two part process allows one treatment to kill off mold that is present in the air and the second treatment as a mold shield. This blocks and prevent any mold from coming back as long as the area stays dry. That is why it is very important to have these ares waterproofed.